Monday, October 21, 2013

get to know Jodi

3rd... on a roll! whoo hoo. 

Name: Jodi
Age: 48
Status: Married, 2 boys, one dog, 2 cats
Twitter: @joderss
Do you blog? Nope
What other social media sites do you use? Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Groupme, pretty much all of them.
5 little-known facts about you: I went to four different high schools in four years, I used to be a teacher, I was on Wheel of Fortune when I was in high school, I was a gymnast for 10 years, I used to go away to summer camp every year when I was little.

Questions stolen from Twi-Between:
When/how did your Twilight obsession begin? My BFF and I went to see Twilight on opening weekend. From the second that Edward walked through the doors of that cafeteria I was hooked. I promptly read the books and that was all she wrote.

What is your favorite Twilight quote? "For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind and yours....all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything because you weren't alive yet." Edward-Twilight

Who is your favorite non-holy twinity (minor) character? Charlie Swan.  Love that guy.

Which is your favorite Twilight movie? That’s like trying to name your favorite child (Peyton), I like them all for different reasons.

What is your favorite song from any of the Twilight soundtracks? See above answer….but I like Heart of Stone, Ghosts, My Love, Possibility, Supermassive Black Hole, Let me Sign, Never Think, Turning Page, A Thousand Years…just to name a few.

Ideal vacay? Forks, set stalking, Brit Pack concert, or a non-Twi premiere? Next on my list is a premiere.  Rover or Maps to the Stars is in my future.

What is your favorite non-Twilight film of a Twilight star? Really liked Cosmopolis, really, really liked it.

What is your favorite Twilight memory? Breaking Dawn 2 premiere, Nokia Theater with 3000 of my fellow twi-hards singing along to A Thousand Years.  There will never be anything quite like that again. (karen's note: that WAS epic!)
Also, my lovely husband went with me to Forks and Tent City.  He has been so supportive of my Twi-love.

new questions: 
Who is your favorite Twilight actor? Rob, it will always be Rob

What has being a fan of Twilight opened up for you? I have met some wonderful ladies who I talk to every day.  I couldn’t have imagined that would have ever happened.

What is your craziest fangirl moment? I don’t do crazy, I don’t do fangirl….despite a small moment in Forks which shall not be spoken of.

Who is your favorite NON-Twilight vampire? Stefan Salvatore

Fanfiction questions:
What are you reading right now? About to start Jaxon 22’s Beaches and Boardwalks

I know it's almost impossible, but ~ what are your top 5 favorite fics? Departures, Help Wanted, Words with Friends/Strangers, High Anxiety, Clipped Wings…

Who is your favorite incarnation of Edward (specifically, from which story)? I like a funny, smirky Edward, one who does not mistreat Bella.  I don’t have a specific story, but that’s what I like.

What are your fanfic hard limits? No dying Edward, Charlie can not be abusive or an asshole, canon please…its just not natural any other way.

What is your biggest ficpeeve? Lifting direct quotes and situations from the movies and books.  Also, overuse of adjectives.

Who are your favorite authors? I like a bunch of different authors.  Too many to list.

Why do you read fanfiction? I love the Twilight characters and fanfiction keeps that love alive.  I have immense respect for all the fic authors who write and share their stories with us.  Love that every day people are getting the chance to share their art with us.

What other fandoms do you count yourself a member of? None, I’m really too old for that shit!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
how jodi and i met: when my q&a was posted as the "meet a twibetween" on their site, and the link was tweeted, jodi tweeted me welcoming me to the crazy twifandom world. and then, as time to organize our LA trips neared, we banded together as urban camping virgins. we decided we would be part of a wee group to get our "golden tickets" and camp together, and then survived the hell of being WAITLISTED! then we FINALLY met up at fan camp and had the best time of our lives!
jodi and i in toronto when she came to visit this summer.
too bad there was construction where we were standing.
2 points to anyone who knows where the location is!
(fich00rs don't count. you already know.)

1 comment: